Born in rural Spotsylvania County, Virginia on March 12, 1961, Randy escaped from his sometimes dismal surroundings as a child by using his strong imagination. As Randy grew older, he developed a love of creating characters and writing stories. Below is a list of Songs and Stories by Randy…
TITLES INCLUDE: 1. The Legend of Three Trees (2005), US Copyright Reg# PAu002992813 : Boy with extraordinary strength defends his neighborhood from a notorious street gang.
2. …Then The Rain (1993 Original Draft), US Copyright Reg# PAu002876215 * Quarter-Finals Prize Winner of the Writers Network 14th Annual Screenplay & Fiction Competition : A rock n’ roll thriller about a female pop star battling a sadistic cult leader to save a devoted fan.
*Look for “…THEN THE RAIN” on Amazon. This entertaining thriller is now available in paperback and in eBook (kindle) format. For More Details on ‘…THEN THE RAIN’ click the following LINK https://www.createspace.com/3845946
3. Wet Matches, Quarter-Finals Prize Winner of the Writers Network 14th Annual Screenplay & Fiction Competition, an inspiring story about friendship and the length we sometimes are willing to go for a friend.
4. Wet Matches: A Novel (paperback) An inspiring story about five homeless teens getting a second chance at a better life when a California couple takes them in.
5. New K.A.N.S.A.S. ( November 2001), US Copyright Reg# PAu002651984 : A kid adventure-comedy about an underground network of intelligent youths demanding their right to vote and to be given their own statehood or else…
Dissatisfied with the way the adults are running the nation, a well-organized, underground society of intelligent kids demand the right to vote and to be given their own statehood or else. (The kids believe that voting should be based upon a person’s IQ, not their age.
Synopsis: ‘NEW K.A.N.S.A.S.’ (Kids’ Alliance National Society And Sanctuary): Discouraged with his lack of ability to control his own destiny fueled by his parents’ divorce and already fed up with the way the adults are running the country, a twelve year old boy forms a society to give children the Right to Vote and attempts to establish their own State in which to do it. All hell breaks when the U.S. Government starts to hunt down the leader and his underground network. In the meantime, the secretive children’s society is growing to an unbelievable size and there’s no stopping them now! TAGLINE: “Don’t underestimate the power of kids”
Although I’d originally wrote ‘NEW K.A.N.S.A.S.’ as a live action feature, it could also work as an ANIMATED feature-length movie as well. (The ‘Kansas’ in NEW K.A.N.S.A.S. stands for Kids’ Alliance National Society And Sanctuary)
U.S. Copyright: PAu002651984 (Original Screenplay Draft/ Author: Randolph Camp)
Learn more at AUTHORS DEN http://www.authorsden.com/randolphrcamp and WRITERS NET http://www.writers.net/writers/81919
‘NEW K.A.N.S.A.S.’ (Kids’ Alliance National Society And Sanctuary)
6. False Dandelions (October 2008), US Copyright Reg# PAu003414222 : A contemporary film noir about city criminals trying to set up shop in a quiet, rural town.
BOOK ISBN: 1478273720…….Set in rural Virginia, ‘FALSE DANDELIONS’ is a contemporary Southern crime fiction novel filled with romance, small town secrets, broken dreams and murder as locals from Spotsylvania County and Fredericksburg, including a young disabled Iraq war veteran, stop a misguided band of Washington, DC criminals from setting up shop in their quiet town. When Lamar returned home from Iraq they gave him a hero’s welcome but he actually never felt like a true hero until he pulled off his greatest mission ever. A mission that will make this disabled vet a local legend, and a mission that will literally blow you away. Jesse is a rising star but when his mother’s body was found in the murky waters of the Rappahannock, he trades his prized guitar for a shotgun. Ever since Turtle was little, he was always somebody’s errand boy. Now, twenty years later, he decides to break the mold and that is just the beginning of many mistakes Turtle will make. Randolph Randy Camp’s ‘FALSE DANDELIONS’ is about the lives and dreams of underdogs. When you’re stuck in a nowhere place, physically or mentally, you dream of leaving. When you’ve been a nobody and strive to become somebody, sometimes you succeed, sometimes you don’t. Once again, this prolific award-winning writer paints a straight forward picture of contemporary Southern life and reminds us that, regardless of your income or race, there’s a touch of Jesse in all of us and there’s a little Turtle in all of us.
‘FALSE DANDELIONS’ is available in paperback and eBook (Kindle) on Amazon. You may also purchase ‘False Dandelions’ via the following LINK https://www.createspace.com/3942146
7. To Walk Like Daddy (1993, US Copyright Reg# PAu001773478) : An uplifting comedy about a single mother raising her two (twins) kids.
8. Jump (1994, US Copyright Reg# PAu001884194) : An aging daredevil comes out of retirement and tries one more jump to raise money for his grandchildren’s future.9. LaBrea’s Moon (US Copyright Reg# PAu002692618): Two young sweethearts with big Hollywood dreams get swindled by a fast-tongue hustler in Georgia’s backcountry.
10. Darlene ( 1999, US Copyright Reg# PAu002449813): Revised from ‘To Walk Like Daddy’: A comedy about raising kids as a single parent and coping with the dating scene.
11. Tony’s Bike (1995, US Copyright Reg# PAu002013080) : A kid detective helps local cops solve a murder in rural Virginia.
Randolph Randy Camp’s ‘TONY’S BIKE’ Logline:
12. Rappahannock Dreams (1998, US Copyright Reg# PAu002298083) * Both a screenplay & a song featured in ‘Wet Matches’ : A coming-of-age story about a young country boy with big city dreams.
“WET MATCHES: A NOVEL” is now available on Amazon in paperback or ebook, and also can be purchased directly via the following LINK: https://www.createspace.com/3698827
13. Ticket to Heaven (1994, US Copyright Reg# PAu001847322): A young mother in a trailer park makes a life-changing decision involving her young son.
14. Sis-tah! (1994, US Copyright Reg# PAu001841311): A White lady moves into a Black neighborhood and gains high respect from everyone because of what she did and …
16. Changin’ Face ( October 2008 , song in ‘False Dandelions’ screenplay)
17. Spider Boy: An uplifting story about a boy with ‘finger-irregularities’ who forms a special bond with his teacher.
19. The Relapse (TV sit-com teleplay), 2003
20. Ridgefield (1994, US Copyright Reg# PAu001817516): Teens are ‘altered’ in a special facility for wayward youths.
21. The Rain (1997, US Copyright Reg# PAu002195651): Revised draft of ‘…Then The Rain’ : Pop star battles a twisted cult leader in a small Midwestern town.
22. Dandelions In The Wind (1994, US Copyright Reg# PAu001864677):Revised draft of ‘LaBrea’s Moon’: A comtemporary crime drama about two young Hollywood dreamers getting swindled by a slick-tongue hustler.
23. Wild Dreams (1994, US Copyright Reg# PAu001914013): A new soft drink alters the lives of folks in a small town.
24. “29 DIMES: A LOVE STORY” ( novel, 2013) a love story amid a crazy, explosive summer.
One summer. Seven hearts. 29 Dimes. It wasn’t your typical LA summer. No one could’ve predicted what happened that day in Silver Lake. It was a summer of passion, confusion, and growth.
One hot, crazy summer.
Seven hungry hearts.
Award-winning, prolific writer Randolph Randy Camp creates a moving, tender love story amid a wild, crazy summer as Teki, Ronnie, Pepe, Brittany, Kalib, Tip, and Valerie each will have an experience that will forever shape and change their young lives.
Valerie has the kind of natural beauty that belongs on magazine covers. All the guys in Silver Lake dream about her. One guy will get lucky this summer and win her heart.
A gifted storyteller, Randolph Randy Camp offers the reader a realistic glimpse of the Los Angeles community of Silver Lake. If you still believe that love can happen to the most unlikely people and love still can be found in the most unusual place, then Randolph Randy Camp’s ’29 Dimes: A Love Story’ is certainly a must-read for you.
One Summer. Seven Hearts. 29 Dimes.
TV SCRIPTS – CHILDREN’S SERIES
1. Harry’s Field (May 2014)
2. Time Out Time In (May 2014)
Randy currently resides in Buffalo, NY. Randy has five daughters; Natasha, Christina, Melinda, Randie, Ranielle and one son Joshua. It is Randy’s greatest desire and dream to one day see his children and/or grandchildren benefit in some type of fashion from his writings. Two of Randy’s favorites quotes are “Don’t let others define you — You define yourself!” and “Don’t be afraid to dream BIG!”
Follow Randolph Randy Camp on Twitter @rcstories
Connect and ‘LIKE’ Randolph Randy Camp on FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/rcstories